Tuesday, September 6, 2011

nocturnal admissions....

I suck at sleeping.

Now, you might ask yourself (if you know me that is) “how can someone SO good at being lazy NOT be an expert at sleeping too?” and the short answer is...fuck if I know?

I wasn’t always so bad at it. Wellll... I digress, I’ve always been a restless sleeper, and i’ve always gotten up at the crack of your grandma’s denture paste (that is to say I get up as soon as the light or noise hits the room) but I never had a problem falling asleep .........until recently.

There was a time not so long ago when I could drift off into a blissful sleep before you got the “ight” out of goodnight. I’d be drooling before the sheets got warm. Now even that luxury eludes me. I can’t FALL asleep. I can’t STAY asleep.....and i wake up so many times during the night that i’ve started a book club with the possums in my neighborhood. (we’re currently reading Eat, Pray, Love. what? it’s very enlightening and we are SO over vampire books ....how cliche’)

Mr Sandman, bring me a dream....puhleeze!

Something’s gotta give.

No comments:

Post a Comment